Thursday, July 25, 2013

Weaving

This week I have been doing some weaving.  A little over a year and half ago I purchased a Rigid Heddle loom.  I tried to sale it awhile back but could not find any takers.  Therefore last week I decided to go ahead and try to use it.  As is normal there was a bit of a learning curve with some trial and error but finally got some cute mug rugs and potholders made using New Zealand Rug Yarn which I then felted.  They will make some nice gifts for later on.
I did finish a new cotton cardi but still need to get it blocked and buttons sewn on.  I am almost done with a cotton tee for one of my crochet classes but ran out of yarn.  Have also made some progress on the shawl (also for a class and also the Wound Warriors Sempier Fie Ball).  I also did more work on my crocheted socks (have one almost finished).

No comments:

Post a Comment