Sunday, April 5, 2015

My Blog Returns

After an almost two year hiatus because trying to keep up with blog during recovery from life style changes, have decided to try to resume posting at least weekly to my creative blog just to mark milestones in my knitting/crocheting life.  Some things I want to focus on is my own design process as well as my creations from other designers' creative process.  There are several wonderful designers whose work I follow and hope to one day emulate.  Current wips are:
1. a double knitting scarf I have been working on for two years using one of the charts from Lucy Neatby's ebook Doubly Delicious Scarf: A Collection of Six Designs of Varying Degrees of Complexity
2.  Inflorescence Shawl one of the many shawl designs from Shawls from Sock Yarn
3.  Another Boneyard Shawl from Stephen West this one is made using Kauni because I wanted one using a gradient.
4.  Approximately 150 crocheted flower stitch markers that I am making for the stitch marker exchange at Stitches South 2015.
5.  A crocheted Intarsia scarf that I am designing using a cross-stitch pattern from Pinterest and using Laurinda Reddig's reversible color crochet technique.  The design is a black cat silhouette against a white background with a gray swirl behind the cat.  It also has a gray border.
6. And last is the Poseidon Shawl that was started in June 2013 just after my husband Bo's death.  Don't know if that is the reason it is taken me so long to finish it or if it is just that it has a lot of beads that are added one at a time was you work the shawl (a very time intensive process).
Check out my Ravelry project page to see what I have posted.  My rav username is scowan4738.
I have not gotten a chance to do much designing the last couple of months because the LYS where I work has stopped being a brick-and-mortar shop and going on-line until all the current stock is gone then it will cease to exist.  Myself and the other employees have been busy getting everything moved out of the physical shop and into indoor/climate controlled storage units.  Myself and another employee will continue working handling the actual on-line process.  However, before we can do that we have to finish the inventory that did not get finished before we actually moved and then get everything organized so that we can (1) list things on-line and (2) find things when they are sold.
In addition to moving the shop I am also preparing to move my home.  I have finally come to the conclusion that a 3 bedroom/2 bath house setting on 3/4 of acre is just to much for this old woman to handle.  Therefore, I am beginning a new phase of my life by moving into a one bedroom/one bath senior living apartment.  Found one that is for low-income and allows pets so Lily (my little dog) can go with me.  I have a month to downsize, pack and move all my stuff.  Already reached the decision that at least for awhile, I will need a storage unit myself.  Looking at getting a 5' X 10" unit in the same facility that the boss is using, or something the same caliber near the apartment.  Since what will need to be stored is yarn and possibly books it will need to be indoors to protect from climate extremes and unwanted critters.

No comments:

Post a Comment