Saturday, April 18, 2015

The Moving Preparation Continues

I have not been writing any patterns or doing any new pattern work because of the preparation toward moving into my new apartment.  Did get a load of stuff down to the storage unit last week.  Also met with the apartment manager and got the final word on the amount of rent and deposit needed to move in.  She did decide to give me a different unit.  Thankfully this one is closer to the elevator and the laundry room.  Both good things.  It also has a new wood floor but it sure is small.  However, in the long run that is a good thing to because it will be much easier for me to take care of, particularly as I get even older.  I have also been making more stitch markers.  These are going to be a free pattern eventually.  I am making 150 of them to take with me to Stitches South next Saturday.  This will be my very first trip to Stitches South and I can hardly wait.  Really can't afford to spend any money there unless I sell my king-size bedroom furniture which I am trying to do.  I have a queen-size suite that I will be using in the new apartment.  There are time when I am boxing things up when I wished I could just wiggle my nose and have it all boxed up and moved to the apartment or the storage unit.  However, hopefully this will be the very last move I have to make in my life where I have to worry with packing.  If I have to move again it will be into a nursing home.
Here are some the stitch markers that I am working on.  These are for the knitters but will also have some for the crocheters.

No comments:

Post a Comment